Friday 24 August 2012

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas: An Answer to Bruno's Question.

Just some work I did at primary school whilst reading The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne. Before we read the chapter Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question, we had to write what we thought Shmuel would say. Here's what I wrote: 


  Well, er, we're all... different. The soldiers call us filthy Jews. They don't seem to like us much. We don't like them that much either. Even though we work for them, they are always... hateful towards us. 
  We all had nice homes, but one day, we were brought here. I don't remember much of my old life. I was brought here on a small, stuffy train. There were tons of other people stuffed on it with me. I miss my family. 
  We all wear yellow stars with "Jude" in the middle. I wear an armband with the star on it. I think we were them to show everyone that we are Jewish.

  The soldiers wear a sign, too. Their's is like a backwards diagonal Z, and another one going across it, and their sign is white, black, and red.
 
They call themselves Nazis. Once, I heard them talking about the "Fury". I don't know who, or what it is, but it seemed very important to them. I wish that they would just leave us alone. We never did anything to them. 
THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment


Any rude comments will be deleted